PLAS provides dissertation completion writing grants for advanced graduate students in Latin American studies with priority given to 6th year students.
PLAS awards 2-4 grants annually for either a semester or a full year to advanced graduate students who work in Latin American studies and who have reached Dissertation Completion Enrollment (DCE) status.
These are the two options:
- Full-year grant with a stipend plus full DCE costs;
- Half-year grant with a stipend plus one-half DCE costs.
Full-year grants are awarded for the academic year (August to May) and the stipend rate is equal to 10-months of the University Fellowship. Half-year grants are awarded for 5-months (August to December for the fall term or January to May for the spring term) and the stipend rate is equal to 5-months of the University Fellowship.
Apply through GPS.
- Submit a dissertation prospectus that includes the significance of the research to the field, data, methods, and substance of the work.
- Provide a report of the progress on research and writing to date and a timeline until completion of the dissertation.
- Provide a chapter of your dissertation.
- Summarize efforts to secure external funding from agencies outside of Princeton.
- Request two letters of recommendation. Ensuring receipt of letters by the posted deadline is the applicant’s responsibility.
Application deadline is March 14, 2022.
All recipients must submit a report on work accomplished by November 1 following the academic year of the grant award.
Please contact Rebecca Aguas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
* 2021-22 University Fellowship 12-month stipend was $36,570 and DCE/In-Absentia Enrollment for the year was $6,830 (includes tuition $4,050 and Student Health Plan $2,780).