PLAS provides dissertation completion writing grants for advanced graduate students in Latin American studies with priority given to 6th year students.
PLAS awards 2-4 grants annually for either a semester or the full academic year to advanced graduate students who work in Latin American studies and who have reached Dissertation Completion Enrollment (DCE) status.
· Full-year grant with a stipend ($25,000) plus full DCE costs*
· Half-year grant with a stipend ($12,500) plus full DCE costs*
- Submit a dissertation prospectus that includes the significance of the research to the field, data, methods, and substance of the work.
- Provide a report of the progress on research and writing to date and a timeline until completion of the dissertation.
- Provide a chapter of your dissertation.
- Summarize efforts to secure external funding from agencies outside of Princeton.
- Request two letters of recommendation. Ensuring receipt of letters by the posted deadline is the applicant’s responsibility.
Apply through GPS: Apply now
Application deadline is March 15, 2020.
All recipients must submit a report on work accomplished by November 1 following the academic year of the grant award.
* 2019-20 DCE or in Absentia Enrollment was $5,800 (includes tuition $3,900 and SHP $1,900).