The research conducted by Princeton faculty during the summer pays dividends in the classroom and beyond. Through their experiences and scholarship, faculty help to create a sounding board for world and global events. In recognition of the deep value that it brings to the University, PLAS offsets travel expenses related to work centered on Latin America and the Caribbean.
Preference is given to tenure-track assistant professors
- Funding: Up to $5,000
- Application cycles: Summer
- Funding covers: Transportation, accommodation, and other travel expenses
- Not covered: The hiring of research assistants
No advance payment can be processed. Requests for reimbursement must be made within 60 days of your return from a trip. After 60 days, you must send an explanation of lateness and a request for review and approval to the dean of the faculty or vice president for finance. If the late reimbursement is approved, it must be reported by the University to the IRS as taxable income. The program should be credited in any resulting publication(s).
- Email: email@example.com
- Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Notification: Early May
- Concise research statement
- Detailed budget
- Schedule of travel
- Indication of additional support received