Visiting Research Scholars will be expected to teach one undergraduate course per semester, conditional upon sufficient enrollments and approval of a Princeton department and the Dean of the Faculty, and to participate in PLAS-related events on campus.
Appointments are for one or two semesters, during the 2019-2020 academic year (fall semester: September 1, 2019-January 31, 2020; spring semester: February 1-June 30, 2020). A competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits will be offered. The Office of the Dean of the Faculty determines salary on the basis of current academic rank and award duration; appointment rank at Princeton is determined on the basis of experience and current institutional affiliation.
How to Apply:
For full consideration, all the materials listed must be received by October 21, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST. All candidates must submit materials and apply online at: https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/8141.
- Cover letter indicating the applicant’s proposed length of stay (1-2 semesters), title of the proposed research project, and teaching interests;
- Curriculum vitae (in English);
- One undergraduate seminar proposal (or syllabus) for each proposed semester of the fellowship, including a statement of how this course(s) would enhance undergraduate education at Princeton;
- A statement describing the research project and its scholarly contribution (2,000 – 3,000 words);
- The names and contact information of three referees (the Program will contact them, if needed, later).